Tuesday, January 3, 2012

My retirement from active competition in Muay Thai

Hey all,

I want to thank everyone that supports my passion for Muay Thai and is still a part of the journey. Family, friends and fans make all the ups and downs worth the effort. Chasing dreams is not always an easy thing to do since falling flat on your face is part of the process. But getting back up and clicking your heels together without missing a beat is what we should all be looking to do with our lives. If there is one impression that I hope that has been left through the years of winning, losing, struggling, and celebrating, it's that a happy life is easily accomplished if you have a dream and chase it too!

After 16 years fighting through the sport that I first came across on a VHS instructional tape, I am now stepping back and taking more of a "Phil Jackson" or "Pat Riley" position. I will be coaching and teaching at my school in the Rockaways and keeping the fighting spirit alive through up-and-comers in the game. In addition, I recently became one of two metro area certified PDR Fundamentals coaches under the world renowned Tony Blauer of Blauer Tactical Systems. I will be instructing private clients in Manhattan in a fusion of Muay Thai, Boxing, fitness training, and Personal Defense Readiness.


I will also continue to be a spokesperson for the Anti Bullying group Bullying...We're Kickin' It, visiting schools and helping kids to build confidence with in, facing adversity head on.

There is no real way to completely retire from something that you love, but now its time to look at it from a different angle. As my long time coach (Jason Strout) put it, "time to move on to the next chapter". Thanks coach!!

If you have a moment, here are a few articles written about my retirement that I am proud to share with you:

http://www.muaythaiislife.com/tag/chris-romulo/

http://www.muaythaiauthority.com/2011/12/chris-mr-classic-romulo-retires-from.html

http://www.filipinoreporter.us/sports/boxing/1549.html

Happy Holidays and thank you to everyone!

All the best,

CROM aka Mr. Classic


No comments:

Post a Comment